Welcome to the Arbutus Global Middle School Virtual Library
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (you get the picture).
Need help? Ask Mrs Popovic or Ms Knorr. We love to help!
The road to the future is Information Literacy which can be described as the ability to:
- recognize when there is a need for information
- identify what information is needed
- locate and identify appropriate sources of information
- organize and synthesize that information
- use the information effectively
“The illiterate of the future are not those who cannot read or write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.” – Alvin Toffler
When starting to look for information start with QUALITY!
Start with our databases which include the following:
- Arbutus Library Catalogue
- Greater Victoria Public Library
- Encyclopedia of British Columbia
- Canadian Encyclopedia
- Canadian biographies
- Canadian atlas online
- CIA world fact book
- Discovery Education
- FSL activities